Recipe by lazy gourmet
I made this side last night from a Rachael Ray recipe. I've tweaked it a little based on my initial experience. It's super fast and easy. Any other ideas on how to tweak more would be great!
Top Review by enigma256
Theses come out deliciously crispy. I have found they are even better if you use herbed butter on the potatoes. (I just put whatever herbs I have in my garden in the food processor with butter and voila!) Otherwise I follow all other directions and they are crispy perfection. Thx!
- 4 large idaho baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, cracked
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 550 degrees (or as high as your oven goes).
- Halve each potato, then cut each half in 5 slices lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil over them, work the potatoes around in the oil until evenly coated.
- Season with the rosemary, salt, pepper and red pepper. (I recommend LOTS of salt and I'm not big on super salty foods.) Throw the garlic cloves on the sheet with the potatoes.
- Roast 25 minutes. Make sure to turn them all once at the halfway point or they will end up sticking to the baking sheet.