Recipe by Keee
From the cook yourself thin cookbook.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Deliciously textured chicken tenders. We just loved them. I added some chives to the cornflake coating. So easy too! They have that crispy crunch that you get when deep fried without any of the guilt. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 9.85 ml salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 453.59 g chicken tenders (about 12)
- 354.88 ml corn flakes, crushed
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, spices, and buttermilk. Add the chicken and turn in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate one hour.
- Place the cornflake crumbs on a plate. Drain the chicken tenders. Pick up a chicken tender with one hand, and turn it in the cornflake coating, using the other hand to gently press additional coating onto the sides. Place on the baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake, in a single layer, until firm, about 15 minutes.