This healthy meal is too easy to make -- just chop the veggies and throw it in the oven and 25 minutes later you have a colourful dish that's tasty too.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Place the garlic and vegetables in a large shallow roasting pan, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cod fillet on top of the vegetables and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cod is golden and the vegetables are crisp.
- Serve the cod with the roasted vegetables, sprinkled with torn parsley.
- You may also enjoy a bit of mayonnaise on the side.
FYI: for those of us on the other side of the atlantic, 200 degrees c is 390 degrees farenheit!
While I wasn't all that fond of the cod (I never am), Dh was and we both agreed the roasted vegetables were outstanding. I added some mixed Italian seasonings to the vegetables and lemon pepper to the fish and to my surprise, it did finish in twenty-five minutes.
Sackville Girl, yummy fish dish! Used Tilapia instead of Cod as it was on sale here this week. Followed your recipe to a "T" with a couple of preference additions. We love yellow summer squash, so added one chopped up and increased garlic to 6 cloves. Again, these two additions were because of our personal preferences and the recipe didn't need them. DH is addicted to roasted garlic, so that's why we added more. Only thing I can think of adding would be a healthy sprinkle of garlic powder over the fish before baking. Other than that, this was so healthy, easy, and tasty. Thanks Sackville Girl for a new staple for us!