Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese turn 'same-old, same-old' baked chicken into HEAVEN ON A PLATE. Serve with a crusty baguette and a fresh tossed green salad for the perfect mid-week meal.
- 12.32 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 14.79 ml water
- 236.59 ml diced fresh tomato (Heirloom tomatoes are a great choice.)
- 236.59 ml fresh mozzarella cheese
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine the first seven (7) ingredients in a shallow dish, stir to mix well.
- Dip chicken one piece at a time in the beaten egg and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place chicken in the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn up the heat to BROIL; remove chicken and transfer to a piece of foil. Top with tomatoes, mozarella, and vinegar. Finish cooking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with basil and parsley.
Even though I didn't have everything listed on the ingredients list, this was such a wonderful light dish but full of flavor. It made chicken fun again!
Excellent recipe! It looks impressive too - like I put alot more work into it than it was.