Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese turn 'same-old, same-old' baked chicken into HEAVEN ON A PLATE. Serve with a crusty baguette and a fresh tossed green salad for the perfect mid-week meal.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato (Heirloom tomatoes are a great choice.)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine the first seven (7) ingredients in a shallow dish, stir to mix well.
- Dip chicken one piece at a time in the beaten egg and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place chicken in the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn up the heat to BROIL; remove chicken and transfer to a piece of foil. Top with tomatoes, mozarella, and vinegar. Finish cooking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with basil and parsley.