Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy recipe for Chicken Parmesan!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 (45 ounce) jar pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip chicken in egg, then bread cumbs, coating well.
- In 13x9" glass baking dish, place chicken.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken, then top with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta.
This was a much easier way to make parm than pan frying it first. I took a hint from another recipe I have and used cooking spray to coat the chicken after its breaded. It crisps up very nicely in the oven that way! I added some parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture too.
This recipe was super simple to put together, and came out quite tasty. Instead of using 45oz of pasta sauce, I used a 24oz (or so) box of strained tomatoes; this seemed more than adequate volume-wise. I also sprinkled about a quarter cup of grated parmesan cheese over the chicken and tomatoes before adding the mozzarella (and I may have used more than 4 oz of the latter). I'd make it again.
I used this and a second recipe. It was a baked spaghetti recipe and kind of done it the way fazolis does it. Great one the 2 were mixed. Thank you!