Recipe by I'm a Baker/P.N.Baker
My family loves this meal. It only has 5 ingredients so prep is super easy. I keep a few disposable 8x8 aluminum pans in my pantry and use them for the wet, dry coating process. When I'm done I toss 'em, Reducing clean up to one baking dish. Also please look for RAGU OLD WORLD STYLE PASTA SAUCE (It wasn't listed among the ingredients to choose from) But I've tried several and OLD WORLD STYLE is my personal favorite for this recipe.
Top Review by Amber of AZ
Wow this is good. I made this as directed, except I used garden vegetable chunky pasta sauce - my favorite. I also used less mozzarella cheese and sauce than called for. I topped each breast with sauce and some cheese. This is super easy to prepare and the end result is worthy of company. Thank you.
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 28 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs. Coating well.
- Arrange chicken in 13x9 glass baking dish that's been coated with a baking spray. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour Ragu Pasta Sauce over chicken, then top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes. The baking time is based on my own oven and since cooking time may vary from oven to oven be sure chicken is cooked until no longer pink. Be careful not to overcook as this will cause your chicken to be tough.