Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another awesome Pinterest find! Instead of using the mentioned spices, I just added a packet of fajita seasoning. The original recipe calls for chicken, but I used pork and it was still good (I haven't tried beef because I'm afraid it would get tough). I couldn't tell the difference between these and skillet fajitas. I served them with whole-wheat tortillas, low-fat sour cream, salsa, black beans, corn and cooked brown rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 12 flour tortillas (2 for each person)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt (or add a packet of fajita seasoning).
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings, such as: sour cream, lettuce, black beans, Spanish rice, corn, guacamole, salsa, refried beans, etc. Use low-fat or fat-free items to save on calories!
I gave this recipe 4 stars. I followed the recipe as directed except I used regular diced tomatoes and the packet of fajita seasoning. I love how quick and easy this recipe was! I think I will try this again using the seasonings as listed! Overall I'm adding this to our recipe rotation for sure! Thanks for sharing! Christine