1/1 Photo of Oven Baked Cheez-It Chicken Tenders
This came out of a cookbook I bought for my daughter… but I have to admit that I really like it too! It’s a great recipe for your kids to help you make, and they think it’s so cool to cook with Cheez-it’s!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil (or silpat if you have it).
- 3Place the Cheez-it’s in a zip-lock baggie and give it to your kid to play catch, touch football, whatever. Smack the back a few times with a rolling pin… get the cheese-it’s crushed, but don’t worry if there are some larger pieces. Pour into a shallow bowl or plate.
- 4Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water. Whisk together until combined well. (something else your child can do!).
- 5Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then roll around in the crushed Cheez-it’s (kids love this part!)
- 6Place on the cookie sheet, continue until all the chicken is coated.
- 7Lightly spray all coated chicken with the cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 350°F about 15 -20 minutes (start checking the smaller ones after 10 minutes. I always pull them out as they get cooked through so that the smallest isn’t incinerated by the time the largest piece is done cooking).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Cheez-It Chicken Tenders
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 168.3 mg
- Sodium 376.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g