Recipe by CHRISSYG
This came out of a cookbook I bought for my daughter… but I have to admit that I really like it too! It’s a great recipe for your kids to help you make, and they think it’s so cool to cook with Cheez-it’s!
Top Review by CelticLady
I liked this recipe but it tasted like it was missing something. I added garlic salt and onion powder to the egg, replaced the water with milk and it was a lot better. super easy and pretty tasty so 4 stars, but I need to play with it more to find the 5th star.
- 3 cups Cheez-It crackers (or similar, small cheddar flavored crackers)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- nonstick cooking spray (such as Pam)
- 1 lb chicken tenders (or boneless skinless breasts, cut into strips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil (or silpat if you have it).
- Place the Cheez-it’s in a zip-lock baggie and give it to your kid to play catch, touch football, whatever. Smack the back a few times with a rolling pin… get the cheese-it’s crushed, but don’t worry if there are some larger pieces. Pour into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water. Whisk together until combined well. (something else your child can do!).
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then roll around in the crushed Cheez-it’s (kids love this part!)
- Place on the cookie sheet, continue until all the chicken is coated.
- Lightly spray all coated chicken with the cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F about 15 -20 minutes (start checking the smaller ones after 10 minutes. I always pull them out as they get cooked through so that the smallest isn’t incinerated by the time the largest piece is done cooking).