4 hrs 15 mins
Fresh steamed broccoli can be used in place of the frozen, please make certain to hand-squeeze out excess moisture in the broccoli before using in this recipe, These make a wonderful side dish to any meal. Yield amount is for 1-inch balls only and is only approximate, you can shape into size desired. Plan ahead the mixture needs to chill for 4 hours before shaping into balls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (use chicken or wild rice flavored)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 small eggs, beaten (or use 4 large)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- black pepper
- finely grated cheddar cheese (for topping balls or use mozzarella cheese) (optional)
- 1Place the frozen broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes; cool and squeeze out any excess moisture with hands, place in a large bowl.
- 2Add in stuffing mix, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, beaten eggs, seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne to taste (if using) mix until combined adjusting seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 4 or more hours or until all the moisture is absorbed and the mixture is completely cold.
- 4Shape into 1 or 1-1/2-inch balls, then place onto greased baking sheet.
- 5Set oven to 325.
- 6Bake for 12-15 minutes for 1-inch balls (bake a little longer for 1-1/2-inch balls) or until browned.
- 7If desired immediately sprinkle finely grated cheddar cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Cheesy Broccoli Balls
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 161.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: