Great for kids and not only!
Make and share this Oven-Baked Carrot Fries recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a shallow pan with foil.
- Using a sharp knife, slice away the tip and end of each carrot; peel each completely.
- Cut carrots in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise, then cut lengthwise again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the carrot sticks, olive oil, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir until all are evenly coated.
- Place carrots in pan, spreading sticks out as much as possible. Bake for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Never thought to make carrots this way - definitely enjoyed by the children and couldn't get much easier! I didn't have any fresh rosemary so I left it out. I also used Rita's "crazy salt" (Crazy Salt) which was nice. I found they were cooked at about 15 minutes and the thinner pieces were starting to burn...so watch those last 5 minutes. Thanks Little!
This was an easy, healthy, tasty, delicious,%u2026 dish. I prepared this with 1.5 kg of carrots (for 8 people) and my guests were really impressed. The combination with fresh rosemary is perfect!
I%u2019ve combined this with chicken and homemade pasta (spätzle). Thanks for posting!
These didn't crisp up as I though they might even with those last ten minutes of broiling, but they still tasted good especially with the fresh rosemary from the garden. I have no doubt this would work well with parsnips, too. PS directions do not indicate when to add the sugar. Reviewed for Veg Tag August.