Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for kids and not only!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a shallow pan with foil.
- Using a sharp knife, slice away the tip and end of each carrot; peel each completely.
- Cut carrots in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise, then cut lengthwise again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the carrot sticks, olive oil, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir until all are evenly coated.
- Place carrots in pan, spreading sticks out as much as possible. Bake for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
It's just great! I did it a few times now - with rosemary, with thyme, with rosemary and thyme, with basil, with olive oil, with toasted sesame oil, with peanut oil and so on and so on I can't imagine why I didn't think about it before :P
Wow - amazing carrots. Cutting them like fries makes a huge difference. These were like an awesome gourmet french fry. I could eat a lot of these, LOL. Oh, I left out the sugar and subbed fresh thyme for the rosemary. Added a bit of onion powder. Loved them, thanks for the recipe.
These little carrot sticks were tasty and grow on you as you eat them. I made 2 simple changes using pecan oil and thyme. The flavor is lovely. If you never tried dill with carrots, it's delish and should work well in this recipe, too. I enjoyed the smaller sticks that began caramelizing the last few minutes. Will make again and again, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.