1/1 Photo of Oven Baked Caramel French Toast
Terri F.'s Note:
So good it's almost sinful! You can sprinkle pecans over the topping before adding the bread if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1Spray 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In medium saucepan, combine topping ingredients and mix well.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- 4DO NOT BOIL!
- 5Spread topping in baking dish.
- 6Beat eggs in a large shallow dish.
- 7Add milk, vanilla, and salt, and blend well.
- 8Dip each bread slice in egg mixture, making sure all egg mixture is absorbed.
- 9Place bread over topping in baking dish.
- 10Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 11To serve, heat oven to 400 F degrees.
- 12Bake uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until toast is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
- 13Let stand 2 minutes.
- 14Invert baking dish onto large platter, scraping any extra topping onto toast.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Caramel French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1046.2
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 314.4 mg
- Sodium 1128.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 73.4 g
- Protein 19.6 g