1/4 Photos of Oven Baked Beef Stew
2 hrs 20 mins
I have been making this for years. It comes from Taste of Home. I don't remember the issue but it was quite early. It is also in the 1999 TOH annual cookbook. The aroma while this is baking will drive you insane. This is a great cold weather stew that you will make many times over!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 slice bread, cubed
- 1In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, water, tapioca, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 3Pour into a greased 13x9x2 inch or 3 quart baking dish.
- 4Cover and bake at 375 for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 875.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 35.0 g