Recipe by Bergy
This is a favorite fall meal in my house. It's easy and frees you up to do something else while it simmers away. Add Potatoes and you have a one pot meat.
Top Review by RepoGuysWife
Thanks for the recipe! Hubby said either I make him some beef stew or buy him Dinty Moore. LOL. Couldn't do that so I made it. I used sirloin I had bought that turned out to not be so great, was very tender cooked this way. I did omit the tomatoes but added celery and red skin potatoes...love cooked celery!! My son who for a week when I would give options for dinner always picked the other option, after announcing he really ddin't like beef stew. But after eating this changed his mind. Thanks Bergy!!
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, with juice
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the beef in the flour and place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes in a 500F degrees oven.
- Let the meat get lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large Dutch oven combine all the other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Put the browned meat in the pot, cover and bake in a 300F degrees for about 2 hours (until the beef is tender).