1/1 Photo of Oven Baked Beef or Pork Steak With Tangy Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
You can make this using beef or pork steak, if you are using a sweet barbecue sauce then I would suggest omitting the brown sugar you may slice the steaks into cubes instead of leaving in one piece if desired and sliced green bell pepper may also be added in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs round steaks (or use any kind of beef you desired or use pork steak)
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt, if you are not using low-sodium soy sauce omit the salt)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional or to taste)
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles favorite barbecue sauce (or use 4 cups homemade BBQ sauce)
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste) (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a roasting pan or baking dish.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 4Season the beef or pork steak with with salt and pepper, then brown on both sides.
- 5Place into the prepared pan and top with the onion slices.
- 6In a bowl mix the BBQ sauce, soy sauce and garlic (if using) then pour over meat in the pan.
- 7Cover tightly with foil then make a couple of slits in the foil with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- 8Cook until meat is fork-tender, about 1 hour (might take more or less time depending on the thickness).
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Beef or Pork Steak With Tangy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3978.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 76.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g