Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can make this using beef or pork steak, if you are using a sweet barbecue sauce then I would suggest omitting the brown sugar you may slice the steaks into cubes instead of leaving in one piece if desired and sliced green bell pepper may also be added in.
- 3 lbs round steaks (or use any kind of beef you desired or use pork steak)
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt, if you are not using low-sodium soy sauce omit the salt)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional or to taste)
- 2 (18 ounce) bottlesfavorite barbecue sauce (or use 4 cups homemade BBQ sauce)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season the beef or pork steak with with salt and pepper, then brown on both sides.
- Place into the prepared pan and top with the onion slices.
- In a bowl mix the BBQ sauce, soy sauce and garlic (if using) then pour over meat in the pan.
- Cover tightly with foil then make a couple of slits in the foil with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- Cook until meat is fork-tender, about 1 hour (might take more or less time depending on the thickness).