Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a package of Lipton Soup Mix - my children and husband love it!
- 2 lbs round steaks or 2 lbs stew meat, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sliced carrots
- 14 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 can mushroom
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss beef with flour; bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Blend soup mix with water and add to beef along with carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours until beef is tender.
- Serve over hot noodles or rice.
This was very easy to make and tasted pretty good. My husband liked it more than I did - I wasn't too keen on the tomatoes and I found it a bit on the liquidy side - didn't quite thicken up like I'd hoped. But taste wise it was pretty good.