Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Makes just the right amount :)
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook and stir bacon and onion until bacon is crisp.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into ungreased 1-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
I grew up on this recipe. My grandmother and mother both used this recipe. We of course double, tripled, or quadrupled to serve a crowd. I don't really measure anymore. Best if baked but if you're in a hurry you can microwave in a glass casserole dish.