Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very delicious chicken recipe, one that I make at least a couple times a month, my family loves this recipe.... also, this recipe is great for ribs also.
- 8 -9 chicken pieces
- 2 cups tomatoes, fresh (or if using canned tomatoes, drain slightly)
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh minced garlic, if desired
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a med-large casserole dish.
- Brown chicken pieces on both sides.
- Layer chicken pieces evenly in prepared baking dish.
- In a med-size frying pan, break tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add all other ingredients to tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 mins to combine flavours.
- Pour tomato mixture over chicken pieces.
- Bake covered, approximately 50 mins, or until chicken is done.
- If sauce becomes too thick before meat is done, add a little water.
I love the bbq sauce on this chicken...very yummy! I used boneless, skinless chicken, it came out very tender and moist. Great recipe :)
This has been my go-to chicken recipe for several years- I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet! This recipe is simple, delicious and forgivable! Easy to adjust to taste. I like to sub curry paste for the chili. I also often add veggies such as bell peppers, etc. This one is a must-try!