Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We made this recipe for my mum's bday buffet and it was so beautiful and so tasty that I just had to share it here. It makes for a wonderful side dish or appetiser that looks beautiful and tastes great! The original recipe comes from the German Women's magazine "Brigitte". I hope youll enjoy it!
- 1 kg cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons aceto balsamico (dark balsamic vinegar)
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Chop the needles from 2 of the 3 rosemary sprigs. Leave the thrid one intact.
- Combine all the ingredients in a suitable oven-proof dish (I'm sorry, I forgot to measure mine).
- Gently mix so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 200 °C/ 400°F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
* Reviewed for Aus/NZ Forum Recipe Swap December 2010 * Easy and delicious. I made half the recipe and was enjoyed by my family. The roasted tomatoes blend perfectly with the sweet balsamic. A gluten-free recipe as written too. A lovely rustic tomato dish.......... Delicious! :) Photo also to be posted
I brought these to a 4th of July barbecue last night and they were devoured! Everyone asked for the recipe. Oh, and I loved them too :) The house was filled with the smell of rosemary and balsamic while baking. The only thing I might change next time is to use the lower amount of brown sugar listed because I found them a tad too sweet with 2 tbsp. Thanks Loula for a delicious, healthy recipe that I will enjoy again!
These sweet little gems are a tasty as they are pretty. Between the brown sugar and the natural sugar of the tomatoes these are very sweet but very yummy next to some good fresh French bread. Made as written us 1 tablespoon Splenda brown, 2 tablespoons Fig balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil (I posted the amounts because the recipe gives a range). Will be making this again. Thanks so much for the post.