Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cook this simple storecupboard risotto in the oven while you get on with something else – the result is still wonderfully creamy.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Fry the bacon pieces in an ovenproof pan or casserole dish for 3-5 mins until golden and crisp.
- Stir in the onion and butter and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Tip in the rice and mix well until coated.
- Pour over the wine if using and cook for 2 mins until absorbed.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the hot stock, then give the rice a quick stir. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and bake for 18 mins until just cooked.
- Stir through most of the parmesan and serve sprinkled with the remainder.