Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
It does what it says on the tin - it's oven baked bacon and banana chicken. Easy to prepare, delicious, and great when you have the family over for lunch of a weekend.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 corn on the cob
- 2 (300 g) cans cannellini or 2 (300 g) butter beans, drained
- 2 bananas
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 250 ml white wine
- 400 ml low-fat creme fraiche
- 55 g low-fat margarine
- 8 slices bacon
- 12 fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Cut the corn from the cobs and put the kernels in a roasting tray. And add one drained tin of beans. Take the other tin and squash the drained beans, then add them too.
- Slice a pocket in to each of the chicken breasts and squash half a banana into each one. Season them with the salt and pepper and place in the roasting tray on top of the beans and corn.
- Add the wine and low fat crème fraiche to the tray over the beans, then lay two slices of bacon on top of each chicken portion. Finally, pop little knobs of the spread around the tray in between the bits of chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes then serve scattered with fresh mint.