1/3 Photos of Oven Bag Rump Roast
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. This is suitable for any size roast just adjust the veggies for amount you want to serve. I didn't have new potatoes, I just halved regular Yukon God potatoes. I used an Oven Bag for this and roasted to 140°F and it came out nice and tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs boneless beef rump roast
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (1 -14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon powder
- 2 medium-size onions (peel and quarter)
- 3 stalks celery (cut in 1" pieces)
- 1 whole green peppers (chopped) or 1 whole red pepper (chopped)
- 3 medium-size carrots (peel and quarter)
- 8 whole new potatoes
- 1 large oven cooking bag (14"X20")
- 1NOTE: This recipe is adjustable to all sizes of roasts.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Shake flour in bag and place it in 9X13 inch baking pan.
- 4Roll top of bag down and add tomato sauce, water, instant bullion powder, salt and pepper taste.
- 5Squeeze bag to mix up, being careful not to put hole in it. Place roast in bag and add quartered carrots, onions, celery, potatoes and peppers.
- 6Turn bag gently to coat roast and vegetables with sauce.
- 7Close bag with tie and place about 6 (1/2") slits in top of bag If you have an electronic thermometer set it for 140°F and insert through one of the slits into roast.
- 8Bake 1 3/4 hours to 2 1/4 hours or until thermometer signals ready; remove and let rest about 20 minutes before removing to plate; Snip off strings.
- 9Serve with juices spooned over vegetables and roast.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Bag Rump Roast
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast