Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. This is suitable for any size roast just adjust the veggies for amount you want to serve. I didn't have new potatoes, I just halved regular Yukon God potatoes. I used an Oven Bag for this and roasted to 140°F and it came out nice and tender.
- 4 lbs boneless beef rump roast
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (1 -14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon powder
- 2 medium-size onions (peel and quarter)
- 3 stalks celery (cut in 1" pieces)
- 1 whole green peppers (chopped) or 1 whole red pepper (chopped)
- 3 medium-size carrots (peel and quarter)
- 8 whole new potatoes
- 1 large oven cooking bag (14"X20")
- NOTE: This recipe is adjustable to all sizes of roasts.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shake flour in bag and place it in 9X13 inch baking pan.
- Roll top of bag down and add tomato sauce, water, instant bullion powder, salt and pepper taste.
- Squeeze bag to mix up, being careful not to put hole in it. Place roast in bag and add quartered carrots, onions, celery, potatoes and peppers.
- Turn bag gently to coat roast and vegetables with sauce.
- Close bag with tie and place about 6 (1/2") slits in top of bag If you have an electronic thermometer set it for 140°F and insert through one of the slits into roast.
- Bake 1 3/4 hours to 2 1/4 hours or until thermometer signals ready; remove and let rest about 20 minutes before removing to plate; Snip off strings.
- Serve with juices spooned over vegetables and roast.