Recipe by jillcomeau
This is a no fail recipe for succulent beef brisket. It goes together very quickly and produces a tender and flavorful meat. It's great by itself and also wonderful combined with warm BBQ sauce and eaten on a bun. My whole family loves this recipe and I make it alot for Sunday dinners.
Top Review by savvytech
We did not make this with a brisket but with a blade roast we had. This is such a deliciously moist and flavorful recipe. I am saving this recipe for all future roasts and cannot wait to try a brisket this way. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 large oven cooking bag
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- garlic powder, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place flour in oven bag and shake around.
- Rinse brisket and place, fat side down, in oven bag.
- Sprinkle soup mix, garlic powder, black pepper and liquid smoke over the top of the brisket.
- Close bag securely and poke two sets of fork holes in the top. Lay bag in large baking dish.
- Bake for 6-8 hours.
- Let meat rest about 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.