This is a no fail recipe for succulent beef brisket. It goes together very quickly and produces a tender and flavorful meat. It's great by itself and also wonderful combined with warm BBQ sauce and eaten on a bun. My whole family loves this recipe and I make it alot for Sunday dinners.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place flour in oven bag and shake around.
- Rinse brisket and place, fat side down, in oven bag.
- Sprinkle soup mix, garlic powder, black pepper and liquid smoke over the top of the brisket.
- Close bag securely and poke two sets of fork holes in the top. Lay bag in large baking dish.
- Bake for 6-8 hours.
- Let meat rest about 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
I wasn't able to find a beef brisket so I used a 3+lb london broil and followed recipe to the T. I must say what a wonderful meal, great flavor and fork tender. Whenever my supermarket has briskets I'll make this again and add 1/2 cup water as oven bag direrctions suggests, to get more sauce. This is a keeper recipe! *Made for Spring PAC 2009* Thanks!