Recipe by Margaret3
I like to do the asparagus in the oven, as it takes no watching and i can avoid overcooking it more easily. I like to do this for weekend brunch with Bacon and Cheese Omelet (also an oven preparation) by ellie2 (#102568) and i throw in some of the potatoes i keep available frozen from my own recipe Herb Roasted Potatoes (#30210) Makes a pretty breakfast, too.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great recipe! Mine took just 10 minutes in my convection oven. Great flavors. I did not add any salt, though, and I don't think it was missed. Was a nice addition to our Easter dinner.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, any woody ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish, or use non-stick.
- lay asparagus on dish.
- drizzle olive oil over it all.
- sprinkle with garlic,orange zest pepper& lite salt.
- roll the asparagus around to coat.
- Bake@ 400 for about 10-15 minutes.
- **irecently saw Bergy's Asparagus, Oven Roasted (#11040).
- and will be cutting down the time when i make this next-i may still have been cooking it too long.