Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't made these yet, but it seems like a nice twist on snickerdoodles.
Make and share this Ovaltine Snickerdoodles recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine first 4 ingredients; blend well.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. You can also add 2 T of ovaltine(not listed) if wanted.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Combine 2 Tbsp sugar, ovaltine and cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min or until set.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes for more chewy cookies or 9-10 minutes for crisper cookies. Enjoy!
Delicious, easy, and different! Made exactly as written. My kids love these, thanks for sharing! [Made for PRMR]
I halved the recipe for 18 cookies.. very NICE. MOIST cookies that the 4 of us enjoyed for a mid-day snack. Definately a hit her with the kids. The cooking time was right on the button. Savver here. Made for PRMR tag..
Yum! These are truly delish, and my son was ecstatic to make "chocolate milk cookies" LOL. The texture of these is super, and the ovaltine just adds a little extra something to the already terrific buttery flavor of the cookie. I halved the recipe and got 21 good-sized cookies. I also pressed my dough balls down a bit halfway through baking as they didn't seem to be spreading at all. Thanks so much for posting, Jean; this is absolutely a keeper! Made for ZWT 7, for the Vivacious Violets.