Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
The presentation of this dessert really makes this dessert look wonderful. This recipe was posted for Zaar World Tour II. Recipe adapted from Gourmet Mediterranean.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
I had high hopes for this recipe...it was quite easy, and looked pretty fancy, but I just didn't like them much...I'd like to hear others reviews on this...The alcohol in the ouzo didn't really burn off, and left a bitter flavor. I used really wonderful Comice Pears and somehow they were less sweet after cooking, even with the added sugar. Just not sure about this one...
- 6 large pears, cored and peeled but stems intact
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 6 rectangles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten together with
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, fennel seed, pepper, raisins,ouzo & butter. Stuff a little of the spice mixture into each pear, pressing it inches.
- Cut each rectangle of puff pastry into an "X" shape. Place pear in center of each "X" and bring up the sides and wrap, overlapping and sealing with a little water.
- Shape leaves out of left-over pastry and adhere to pears with a little water.
- Brush with egg wash and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes, or until golden.