Recipe by Dienia B.
For Zaar 6 tour.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Another winner cookie from you!! I loved that they aren't so sweet, just perfect for my taste. The anise and lemon peel is subtle and very fragrant, not too strong, which I also like very much. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Greece for The Apron String Travelers
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ouzo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat oil, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Beat in Ouzo, anise, lemon juice, and zest.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Add to mixture , kneading in bowl until mixed and doesn't cling to bowl.
- With oiled hands, roll small pieces of dough out in strips to make omega sign, figure 8.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.