Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is SOOOOOooooo yummy! Whenever I get the chance, I share this recipe around, and it always gets rave reviews. This was collected from the May 2001 Light & Tasty magazine - and it's been a 'hit' here ever since! You won't be disappointed!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs italian turkey sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 -8 cups water
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- Remove sausage casings& cut (or tear) into 1/2" pieces.
- In large kettle, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove sausage w/ a slotted spoon.
- Drain, reserving 2 T.
- Saute pepper, onion& garlic 4-5 minutes (in the drippings) or until tender.
- Add the water, tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire, bouillon, salt, basil, thyme& sausage.
- Bring to a boil, then add pasta.
- Reduce the heat& simmer uncovered 18-22 minutes, or until pasta is tender.