This is SOOOOOooooo yummy! Whenever I get the chance, I share this recipe around, and it always gets rave reviews. This was collected from the May 2001 Light & Tasty magazine - and it's been a 'hit' here ever since! You won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs italian turkey sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 -8 cups water
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1Remove sausage casings& cut (or tear) into 1/2" pieces.
- 2In large kettle, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- 3Remove sausage w/ a slotted spoon.
- 4Drain, reserving 2 T.
- 6Saute pepper, onion& garlic 4-5 minutes (in the drippings) or until tender.
- 7Add the water, tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire, bouillon, salt, basil, thyme& sausage.
- 8Bring to a boil, then add pasta.
- 9Reduce the heat& simmer uncovered 18-22 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outta this world Sausage Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 748.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g