1/1 Photo of Outstanding Shrimp Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Got this recipe from a friend in Florida. My family adores this. Very cheesy/creamy/oniony.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, cooked,peeled,and deveined
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter; Saute green pepper, celery and onion for about 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- 3In a very large bowl, combine the cooked rice, cooked vegetable mixture, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and pepper.
- 4Stir in the cooked shrimp; spoon mixture into a 3-quart rectangle baking dish.
- 5Bake, covered with foil, at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outstanding Shrimp Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 277.5 mg
- Sodium 802.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend