Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this recipe from a friend in Florida. My family adores this. Very cheesy/creamy/oniony.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked,peeled,and deveined
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; Saute green pepper, celery and onion for about 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the cooked rice, cooked vegetable mixture, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked shrimp; spoon mixture into a 3-quart rectangle baking dish.
- Bake, covered with foil, at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I chose this recipe because of the basic ingredients and the easy instructions, and it was delicious! I did add minced garlic to the butter when I cooked the vegetables, but that's the only change I made. The dish was cheesy & creamy - in fact, without the shrimp, it would make a great rice side dish! I served this with a salad and garlic bread, and white wine. Also, it was still good as a leftover heated in the microwave. I will definitely make this again, and I may use half shrimp and half crabmeat the next time.
Hoo-rah! This is outstanding like the title says. The seasonings in the wild rice mix are very flavor-filled. A comfort food for us for sure. The cheddar and swiss cheese combination is a good choice.
excellent dish! Everyone enjoyed it.