Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Next time you want to do something truly creative in the kitchen, try these rolls. They're really easy to make, but no one will think that! I kid you not__these are really fabulous! You will have 30 rolls, and they won't last long. Prep time is for rising.
- 7.08 g package yeast
- 59.14 ml water (112*)
- 236.59 ml warm milk (112*)
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 828.06-887.21 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 29.58 ml grated orange rind
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 19.71 ml butter, softened
- 19.71-24.64 ml milk
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- In small bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- In lg bowl, mix milk, shortning, sugar, salt, and egg.
- Add yeast mix; blend well.
- Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Kneed on floured board for about 7 minutes.
- Put in greased bowl, turn to grease top.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll each into a 15x10 rectangle.
- Mix filling ingredients until smooth.
- Spread half on each rectangle.
- Roll up, starting with the long end.
- Cut each into 15 rolls.
- Put in 2 greased 11x7 baking pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Mix glaze ingredients, spread over warm rolls.
I made these this morning for a group meeting of our condo club. The meeting was for 3 PM. By 3:30 there wasn't a single one left!!! Everyone went crazy over these! Several took the recipe home. They are very light and very very delicious!
The taste of these rolls are absolutely delicious. A really welcome treat for when you are tired of cinnamon rolls!
These are wonderful orange rolls! Had my In-laws over and they really loved these rolls. It was nice to make a different kind of roll then cinnamon rolls. Thanks MizzNezz