1/4 Photos of Outstanding Orange Rolls
2 hrs 25 mins
Next time you want to do something truly creative in the kitchen, try these rolls. They're really easy to make, but no one will think that! I kid you not__these are really fabulous! You will have 30 rolls, and they won't last long. Prep time is for rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1/4 cup water (112*)
- 1 cup warm milk (112*)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 1/2-3 3/4 cups flour
- 1In small bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- 2In lg bowl, mix milk, shortning, sugar, salt, and egg.
- 3Add yeast mix; blend well.
- 4Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 5Kneed on floured board for about 7 minutes.
- 6Put in greased bowl, turn to grease top.
- 7Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 8Punch dough down; divide in half.
- 9Roll each into a 15x10 rectangle.
- 10Mix filling ingredients until smooth.
- 11Spread half on each rectangle.
- 12Roll up, starting with the long end.
- 13Cut each into 15 rolls.
- 14Put in 2 greased 11x7 baking pans.
- 15Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 16Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 17Mix glaze ingredients, spread over warm rolls.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outstanding Orange Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 116.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g