Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Really really good bread right out of you bread machine.Crunchy!!! I have been using the bread machine and baking it in the oven with great success. Try 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat flour for and even better flavour.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add the water,butter,honey in the bread machine.
- Add dry milk, salt and flour.
- Add yeast in a groove on top of the flour.
- You can make the bread on the White bread cycle or on the Dough cycle.
- When the Beep comes on; add Oatmeal.
- If you chose the dough cycle remove and shape into one loaf or 2 smaller ones.
- Sprinkle a bit of oatmeal on top.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Let rise app 40 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350* and bake at app 30 minutes.
- Optional; use 1/2 whole wheat flour.
- SUCCESS HINTS: For added texture, add the oats after the first knead or at the beep on the fruit and nut cycle.
- For additional crunch, sprinkle a few oats on top of the loaf after the final rise.
- When you are baking it in the machine and you see it rising to the top while it is baking, use a needle to make a few tiny holes to punch it slowly down and it avoids having it ruin the top of the bread.
- Instant oatmeal doesn't work, but quick-cooking oats do.
I just got a bread machine and this was the second recipe I've tried. My daughter specially requested Oatmeal bread, so I tried this recipe and it turned out beautifully. I used old-fashioned oats and used the rapid cycle. This made a nice tall tasty loaf. Thanks for posting this!
Superb bread! I followed Sage's success hints, and it turned out spectacularly.
This turned out so Good. I set my Machine on the sweet setting and it turned out to be airy and golden brown. Will make this wonderful bread again. Thanks for sharing.