1/8 Photos of Outstanding Oatmeal Bread for Bread Machine
1 hr 10 mins
Really really good bread right out of you bread machine.Crunchy!!! I have been using the bread machine and baking it in the oven with great success. Try 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat flour for and even better flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the water,butter,honey in the bread machine.
- 2Add dry milk, salt and flour.
- 3Add yeast in a groove on top of the flour.
- 4You can make the bread on the White bread cycle or on the Dough cycle.
- 5When the Beep comes on; add Oatmeal.
- 6If you chose the dough cycle remove and shape into one loaf or 2 smaller ones.
- 7Sprinkle a bit of oatmeal on top.
- 8Preheat oven 375*.
- 9Let rise app 40 minutes.
- 10Lower heat to 350* and bake at app 30 minutes.
- 11Optional; use 1/2 whole wheat flour.
- 12SUCCESS HINTS: For added texture, add the oats after the first knead or at the beep on the fruit and nut cycle.
- 13For additional crunch, sprinkle a few oats on top of the loaf after the final rise.
- 14When you are baking it in the machine and you see it rising to the top while it is baking, use a needle to make a few tiny holes to punch it slowly down and it avoids having it ruin the top of the bread.
- 15Instant oatmeal doesn't work, but quick-cooking oats do.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outstanding Oatmeal Bread for Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 470.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g