This is a recipe I found on another recipe site that I've modified to suit my family's tastes. Yumma!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (I like chuck)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed round buttery cracker (or you can use bread crumbs, oatmeal, saltines(any starch you want)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 slices bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except bread slices together thoroughly.
- Line bottom of loaf pan with the sliced bread. (This will help absorb most of the grease that cooks out of the beef.)
- Press meatloaf mixture firmly in the loaf pan and bake for 45 - 60 minutes until done.
Flavorful and doesn't fall apart. This meatloaf was loved by our family especially by one who doesn't usually like meat loaf. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
I made this on 5/30/09 as part of mine and SO's dinner. I did make this recipe with one minor change, after about 45 minutes some ketchup was added to the top and baked for 15 more minutes. After removing from the oven, I let it " rest " for about 10 minutes before slicing . The meatloaf sliced into wonderfully perfect slices. After taking a couple of bites we both decided that it was way too salty for us. And the texture was "mealy " . I wish I could say that we enjoyed,but we didn't. But thanks for taking time to post this recipe to the database.
This is very good! I used egg beater in place of egg, but other then that I follwed the recipe as written. The overall flavor is more savory and a nice change fom our usual. Instead of putting it in one loaf pan I shaped two smaller ones and baked it for the 60 minutes just because I like to make sure its done :) Can't wait for the meatloaf sandwich tomorrow! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for PAC Fall 08