Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This Chili will be a keeper in your house. It's got just enough spice, but not so much your kids won't eat it. It's fantastic! I garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and Frito's (you have to try this!)! Frito's keep their crunch so much better than saltines.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (add more if you like real flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, and
- Frito corn chip, on side
- Brown ground beef and onions; drain.
- Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in 6-8 qt pot.
- Cover and simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.