Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Have you ever found yourself craving for an easy way to make a great hamburger sandwich with outstanding Italian flavors? Here's a simple great tasting recipe with frozen patties that will knock your socks off.
- This recipe uses Bubba's Frozen All-Beef 1/3 lb Hamburger patties made from U.S.D.A. Choice Beef Chuck cooked on an indoor electric grill. You can use smaller patties, but you will need to adjust your cooking time accordingly. Burgers with fillers or lesser quality beef are not recommended. You'll be rewarded for spending a bit extra for quality hamburger patties.
- Spray your electric grill with garlic flavored cooking spray. Close and heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, place your frozen patties on your grill. Close and cook for 3 minutes.
- While your burgers are cooking, cover the insides of each bun with butter and garlic. Place your buns buttered sides up in an un-greased non-stick baking pan and set them aside for the moment. If you prefer, you can use sliced Italian Bread instead of Hamburger Buns.
- When your burgers have cooked for 3 minutes, open your grill, season both sides of each pattie with Italian Seasoning. Close your grill and cook 3 more minutes.
- After the additional 3 minutes have passed, open your grill and place a whole onion slice over each burger. Sprinkle a bit more Italian seasoning over each onion slice. Close your burger and cook for a final 2 minutes.
- While your burger is finishing off, heat your sauce in a glass cooking bowl in your microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes. Any good quality sauce will work. I used Classico Four Cheese Sauce.
- Take the baking sheet your hamburger Buns are on and insert it into your oven. Toast the buns with the broiler for a few minutes until the butter melts.
- When your burgers are done and your sauce is heated, remove your patties from your grill and place them in your sauce. Top each pattie liberally with shredded Italian cheese. Spoon sauce over the patties until they are covered, then place the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for about 1 minute (until the cheese melts).
- When your cheese is melted, lift each burger from your sauce, allow excess sauce to drip off, then place each on the bottom portions of your buns and sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese. Lightly spoon about a teaspoon of sauce on the inside top portion of your bun. Serve your Sandwiches open-faced with a few celery sticks (no fries or potato chips), fresh spring onions, and/or Roma Tomato slices on the side. Your guests can put their sandwiches together as they marvel about the savory aroma and your artful presentation. Have extra patties available. Your guests will want more.
*Made for PAC Spring 2007* These were so delicious and very easy. We don't have the grill out yet so I broiled them in the oven. What a great weeknight dinner idea. I made 8 burgers and there were none left! Thanks so much for sharing :) Nick's Mom