Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 2009)
Top Review by Noo
I have to hold my hands up and admit that I tweaked a little here....while mixing my meat ( I used 1/2lb for two of us) with a generous amount of freshly milled salt and black pepper, I also threw in a couple of tbsp of crispy fried onions from the tub ( the kind you get from Chinese supermarkets- a little like french fried I suppose). Once the patties were formed ( with a generous chunk of Colby in the centre!!) I sprinkled some BBQ Smokey Seasoning on each side ( GFresh for those of you in Oz!), then pan fried them.
The cheese seeped a little, but nothing too major. These were served on fresh bakery rolls with Sydney Mike's recipe# 458586#458586 and a rasher of bacon ......just awesome!!!
Made for PRMR.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 8 dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide meat into 8 pieces and shape into balls.
- Press 1 cheese piece into center of each meat ball.
- Enclose cheese in meat.
- Flatten into patties (2-1/2 x 3 inches).
- Repeat for each piece.
- Sprinkle all patties with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill (medium high heat).
- Grill patties to desired doneness and cheese centers soften (5 minutes per side).
- If desired, grill cut side of rolls until toasted (1 minute or so).
- Transfer patties to rolls and let rest 5 minutes.