Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from Taste of Home and it's the most wonderful marinade for venison that I've ever tried! It's great with venison steaks and tenderloins, but I'm sure it would be fabulous with beef also. I get better results if I grill my steaks rather than broil, but that's just me. It's the only way I've been able to keep venison steaks tender and juicy - you won't be disappointed either! I often double the marinade recipe so that I have plenty for marinating, basting and for serving. I have not included the marinating time in the prep time, but it's best if marinated overnight.
- Place venison in a large Ziploc bag.
- In a bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients.
- Pour half over the venison; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from the steaks.
- Broil steaks 3-4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn; baste with reserved marinade.
- Broil 4 minutes longer.
- Alternatively, grill steaks on a gas grill over high heat for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes a side, basting often.
- I prefer to grill venison to medium-rare at most so that it remains tender.
- Serve steaks with more of the reserved marinade.
This was wonderful!! We have been looking for a recipe for all the deer meat in the freezer. In years past no one ever liked it but my husband kept on bringing home more!! But this everyone loved. I followed the recipe except for using cider vinegar and I'm going to try red wine vinegar this time. Thanks for finally giving us a recipe my family will eat! Do you have any for Cube steaks?? LOL
i needed a new deer steak marinade. and the husband loved it! but he is also a huge fan of ketchup. i followed it exactly; except for additionally adding a double shot of red wine (from leftovers). also, i only had time to marinate it for about 5 hours. definately reserve 1/2 cup or so for basting and dipping sauce! yum! i will be doing this again real soon.
This is just wonderful. I have passed this recipe on to many people for you also. Thanks.