Recipe by Some1sGrandma
Another favorite of the kids... Delicious alone, toasted, or on a sandwich. This recipe is from a cookbook. Makes one very large loaf.
Top Review by mmonroe14
Bread was very good, the man in my house loved it, but in my bread machine, 3 tsp yeast is too much. Bread rose too much and then fell, especially in the middle. Am making again with less yeast, then I'll get back.
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients into your bread machine in the order listed.
- Set machine to "large whole wheat" cycle.
- Allow machine to make your bread.
- When bread is finished remove from loaf pan and baste immediately with melted butter or margarine, be sure to baste all crust surfaces. This will ensure a soft crust and help keep your bread from drying out.