Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and chocolatey to the max! These are also a healthier version but the taste is amazing! This recipe makes 8 big crazy good healthy brownies! As another option you can add 1 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter at the end of mixing.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup oil substitute (sunsweet light bake)
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oveb to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2 inch pan.
- Melt dark unsweetend chocolate and mix with oil, oil substitute, splenda sugar blend, vanilla, instant espresso, and egg substitute. Stir misture well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients until mixed but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool, thouroughly and then cut into squares.
No doubt about the chocolate impact. In fact I cut the unsweetened chocolate back to 3 ounces and I stopped weighing the cocoa at 3.5 ounces when it reached 2 cups! If I make these again I'll certainly use more Splenda I included chopped hazelnuts which are lovely. I love bittersweet chocolate and this amount of unsweetened chocolate and cocoa was stronger than even I loved (and I didn't use all that was ask for). I was truly surprised that with all of the oil and egg that they are quite dry and I recommend that you plan to have milk or coffee at hand. The coffee addition is wonderful. Made for Comfort Cafe, Summer 09.