Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I badgered a co-worker for this recipe, and she finally gave it to me! It was worth it.
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered instant espresso
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped pecans or 3 cups walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 12 x 18 jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- Over low heat in a medium sized pot or on the top of a double boiler, melt together the butter, pound of chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine, but do not whisk, the eggs, powdered expresso, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix into the batter.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into squares.