I badgered a co-worker for this recipe, and she finally gave it to me! It was worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered instant espresso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped pecans or 3 cups walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease and flour a 12 x 18 jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- 3Over low heat in a medium sized pot or on the top of a double boiler, melt together the butter, pound of chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until smooth.
- 4Cool to room temperature.
- 5Combine, but do not whisk, the eggs, powdered expresso, vanilla and sugar.
- 6Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 9Mix into the batter.
- 10Fold in the remaining chocolate chips and nuts.
- 11Pour into greased pan.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- 13Cool thoroughly and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outrageously Good Espresso Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (2838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.5
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 202.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g