Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This no knead handmade bread is not only easy to make, but also vegan! It's gained popularity on food blogs, and now you can try it too. I originally saw it published on vegweb by a user submission.
- This recipe can be halved to make one loaf.
- Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl without stirring, set aside.
- Sir together hot water, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl until dissolved. Add first 3 cups of flour and mix.
- Pour oil and yeast into bowl. Add remaining 3 cups of flour and mix well. Cover the bowl with towel and set aside to rise for at least 45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into half. Shape into loaf and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover the dough with a towel and set aside to rise again for at least 45 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 23 minutes.
This is easy. I mixed it in my Kitchen Aid and made as directed. Mine were cooked in exactly 20 minutes. What more can you ask for, easy and tastes great. Thanks for the recipe.
I have been making this bread for a bit over a year now. I love it. I do prefer a more sour taste to the dough, so I force it to work more. I punch it down at least once (sometimes twice) before baking. i also have baked it longer (periodically hitting it with my spray bottle of water) to make it crustier
I have never made bread before I found this recipe last week. I was able to make good bread the first day, and I have made like 5 batches. I quit buying bread in the store. I want to try it with whole wheat flour.