Recipe by Anu
I put this together tonight when there was nothing appetizing to eat at home, and I didn't feel up to any sort of elaborate cooking. This makes a fantastic, light, summer meal on its own, or can be served with warm garlic bread. Adjust the spices to suit your taste.
Top Review by Angela Curtis
Delicious. Both my husband and my two year old enjoyed this (I'll need to at least triple the recipe next time). I used medium salsa, and cayenne pepper instead of paprika (which I think made the dish hotter than originally intended).
- 1⁄2 cup cooked kidney bean, cooked with salt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup mung bean sprouts (I use a mixture of different sprouts)
- 1 tablespoon salsa (I use a mild variety)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except the parmesan cheese in a saucepan; mix well.
- Heat over a high flame, stirring occasionally, until all the water has evaporated (around 5 minutes).
- Remove from flame, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve hot with warm garlic bread, or a tall glass of fruit juice.