Recipe by Annacia
Let's not forget that along with fall, comes football! This is a tasty dip to serve for your next tailgating or TV game night party! Great with tortilla chips!
Top Review by rickoholic83
Excellent dip! I made it on the stove top and, as a result, changed the cooking order. I substituted sweet onion for the green and sauteed them for a few minutes in a little olive oil. I then added the tomatoes WITH their liquid and all of the other ingredients, minus the Velveeta and sour cream. I let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes over low heat and then added the cheese and sour cream. Mixed until the cheese was melted and transferred it into a Little Dipper. Served the dip with plain and flavored tortilla chips while watching the Seahawks. Great football food! Thanks for sharing, Annacia. ***Made for PRMR***
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced tomatoes with green chili peppers, drained
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 large chicken breast halves (cooked skinless, boneless , shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the diced tomatoes, processed cheese, chicken meat, sour cream, green onion, taco seasoning, and jalapeno pepper into a slow cooker.
- Cook on High, stirring occasionally until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot, 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir in the black beans, and cook 15 more minutes to reheat.