Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Originally from the Frugal Gourmet website and on my "to do". Placing here for safe keeping.
- 1 baguette (or other crusty loaf of bread)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 10 ounces prosciutto, thinly-sliced and cut into pieces about 2-inch x 2-inch
- 2 cups roasted red peppers, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste (use Kosher or sea salt)
- sliced baguette crosswise into pieces 1/3" thick .
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix the garlic and olive oil.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a baking tray; brush each piece with some of the garlic-oil mixture, sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Grill for one minute on each side.
- Remove baking tray from broiler, top each piece with pieces of prosciutto, a piece of red pepper and the Parmesan cheese, and then broil for a further minute (watching very carefully so it won't burn). Remove pieces to a serving platter, sprinkle with salt, and serve.
- Variations: In place of the peppers, olives, capers, artichokes – you name it, it can be a topping for bruschetta!