Originally from the Frugal Gourmet website and on my "to do". Placing here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baguette (or other crusty loaf of bread)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 10 ounces prosciutto, thinly-sliced and cut into pieces about 2-inch x 2-inch
- 2 cups roasted red peppers, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste (use Kosher or sea salt)
- 1sliced baguette crosswise into pieces 1/3" thick .
- 2Preheat the broiler.
- 3Mix the garlic and olive oil.
- 4Arrange the slices of bread on a baking tray; brush each piece with some of the garlic-oil mixture, sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- 5Grill for one minute on each side.
- 6Remove baking tray from broiler, top each piece with pieces of prosciutto, a piece of red pepper and the Parmesan cheese, and then broil for a further minute (watching very carefully so it won't burn). Remove pieces to a serving platter, sprinkle with salt, and serve.
- 7Variations: In place of the peppers, olives, capers, artichokes – you name it, it can be a topping for bruschetta!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outrageous Prosciutto Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 2399.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: