Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are GREAT! From "Small-Batch Cooking" by Debby Maugans Nakos.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons well beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup extra- chunky peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons uncooked oats
- 0.5 (1 7/8 ounce) Reese's NutRageous bar (chocolate caramel peanut butter candy bars, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- Beat brown sugar and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute or until blended. Add peanut butter, and beat 20 seconds, or until blended. Add flour mixture, and beat 30 seconds or until well blended. Stir in oats and chopped candy bar.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons 2" apart on an aluminum foil or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Dip bottom of a drinking glass in granulated sugar, and flatten mound of dough. Repeat process with remaining sugar and mounds of dough.
- Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes; remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.