Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Entered for safe-keeping. From June 2012 Nutrition Action Health Letter. If you don't want to use the oven, toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet on the stovetop, remove them, and then use that same skillet to saute the tomatoes and garlic in the oil.
- Preheat oven to 450°F On a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, toss the tomatoes and garlic with the oil and put in the oven.
- Spread the nuts on another baking sheet and put in the same oven until they are well-browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the nuts and continuous roasting the tomatoes until they are lightly charred, a total of 15-20 minutes.
- Stir the orzo into a pot of boiling water and boil for 6 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Stir in the tomatoes and garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pine nuts, Parmesan, pepper, basil, and up to 1/2 teaspoon salt.