Entered for safe-keeping. From June 2012 Nutrition Action Health Letter. If you don't want to use the oven, toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet on the stovetop, remove them, and then use that same skillet to saute the tomatoes and garlic in the oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F On a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, toss the tomatoes and garlic with the oil and put in the oven.
- 2Spread the nuts on another baking sheet and put in the same oven until they are well-browned, about 3 minutes.
- 3Remove the nuts and continuous roasting the tomatoes until they are lightly charred, a total of 15-20 minutes.
- 4Stir the orzo into a pot of boiling water and boil for 6 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- 5Stir in the tomatoes and garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in the pine nuts, Parmesan, pepper, basil, and up to 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outrageous Orzo from C S P I
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 395.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat orzo