Recipe by Kater
This recipe comes from the June 2007 issue of Cuisine at Home. When I saw the recipe I started drooling! I haven't tried it yet, but plan to very soon. Thought you might like to try them too.
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs, 3 Tbls oil, parsley, zest and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Saute the onion in 2 Tbls oil in a large ovenproof saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook until soft, 2-3 minutes; add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and thyme, simmer 2 minutes, then add the beans, broth, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, sprinkle crumbs over the beans and transfer pan to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the beans are bubbly and the crumbs are crisp.