Recipe by SusieQusie
From the Ocean Spray website
Top Review by ladypit
I attempted to make these as cupcakes as another reviewer said they had done successfully and had a really rough time of it! It was tough to know when they were done and even though a toothpick came out clean, they were not done. And I had sprayed the muffin tins with spray, which made the final product taste really oily. So, I know it was operator error and not the recipe, which is why no stars! I'm just saying "Don't make the same mistake I did!" Thanks for posting a fun one to try!
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup ocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup ocean spray jellied cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake:.
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Line an 8-inch round cake pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray. Dust pan with flour, tapping to remove excess.
- Microwave 2/3 cup chocolate chips, butter and unsweetened chocolate in large microwave-safe bowl on High for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Return to microwave for 30 additional seconds if necessary to melt chocolate.
- Stir in cranberry sauce and sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, vanilla, flour and baking powder, stirring until well mixed. Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 minutes. Refrigerate one hour or until cold.
- Make glaze:.
- Microwave cream and chocolate chips together in medium microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on High. Stir until smooth. Return to microwave for 30 additional seconds if necessary to melt chocolate. Add cranberry sauce, mixing well.
- Turn cake out onto flat serving plate. Remove foil. Spread glaze over top allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Chill about 1 hour or until glaze is firm. Can be made a day ahead of time. Store at room temperature.