Recipe by C. Taylor
From Martha Stewart. I'm putting this here for safe keeping. This is a chocolate cookie with chocolate chunks. Yum! Do not over cook this cookie since it should be chewy.
Top Review by Diana A.
I and everyone I shared with rate this a five star cookie. (Someone even mentioned something about needing to go to confession.) These are rich and delicious. Thank you for the post.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl in 20-second increments, stirring between each, until almost melted; do not overheat.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in melted chocolate.Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheets 10 minutes; with a thin metal spatula, transfer to racks to cool completely.