1/4 Photos of Outrageous Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes!
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Sometimes when a craving hits, you don't have time to make the full blown version of an outrageous Boston-Cream-Pie ... so this is the next best thing! My son recently craving my Boston Cream Cake settled for this a less time consuming version. Although you start with a cake mix for the cupcakes, the pastry cream and ganache make these little baby's a perfect individual dessert to serve! Family Favorite ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/2 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1Prepare yellow cupcakes as directed on box.
- 2In the meantime, prepare the vanilla custard filling by combining the instant pudding mix the half and half in a medium bowl. In a stand mixer using the whip attachment, combine cream, vanilla and powdered sugar and whip at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the pudding mixture to the whipped cream until it is fully incorporated and smooth. Place filling into a pastry bag fitted with a #21 (or standard star) tip.
- 3When the cupcakes have cooled, place the tip of the pastry bag inside each cupcake and pipe in filling, being careful not to overfill.
- 4When all the cupcakes have been filled, prepare your ganache.
- 5Combine the heavy cream and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate; cover and let stand for 8 minutes. (If the chocolate has not completely melted, return the saucepan to low heat and stir constantly until melted.) Stir in the vanilla extract very gently until smooth. Cool the glaze until tepid so that a spoonful drizzled back into the pan mounds slightly. (You can refrigerate the glaze to speed up this process, stirring every few minutes to ensure even cooling.).
- 6Dip the tops of the cupcakes in the ganache. Place glazed cupcakes on a cooling rack to dry. Be sure to place wax paper or cookie sheet under rack as the ganache will drip.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outrageous Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes!
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.5
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g